# DEAR ME
I’ve seen videos of the #DEAR ME campaign initiated by YouTube floating around the world of internet for a while now.
So here are certain things I’d tell my 16-year-old self, and yes I’m just 21 and yet on the path to learn and experience various things, just making an attempt to mention a few that I’ve learnt yet.
- Don’t take anything to seriously , including yourself
- Don’t be afraid to let your hair down, figuratively and literally
- Self-love is the best kind of love there is
- Some things are more than what you say they are what you do
- Don’t let trifles affect you
- Don’t be afraid to experiment
- People don’t notice your mistakes as much as you think they do
- It’s ok to ask for help
- If it’ll brighten someone’s day, say it
- Learn to express and communicate
- Never let go of the real people in your life, those are your people
- It’s not right to expect people to know or understand you completely, because I’m sure there are things that you don’t even understand/ haven’t even discovered about yourself.
- Sometimes a good cry is all you need- when all the retail therapy, food, quotes, music and chocolates fail to cheer you up a good cry can work miracles. Just helps you let out the million emotions going on inside of you (some which even you may be unaware of).
- Everything can be taken in the way you want to, and can mean differently for individual to individual. Just like the things I’ve mentioned above.